Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Products this Madre Loves (Bath and Body Edition)

One thing I rarely mention on this blog is how much I am into beauty and fashion. I definitely think it is important to keep yourself looking your best. Even when you only want to wear sweat pants every day and never wash your hair because you don't get much sleep and your hair is constantly pulled or you're spit up on. Yes, true beauty comes from the inside, but why not have a little bit of fun in taking care of the outside too. I love reading product reviews on what works for people and what doesn't. I'll give you a little bit of insight on the products I use and what works for me (it may not work for you, though, and thats ok). We'll start with my bath/body products:


Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser (sensitive skin)

I use this product as my every day face wash. I use it to remove makeup and everything, it is so easy on the skin and leaves it feeling smooth and soft.

Artec Kiwi Color Reflector Shampoo & Conditioner

My hair stylist recommended this set to me about a year or two ago and I haven't changed. It helps with color treated hair and it smells yummy!

St. Ives Apricot Scrub

OMG I love this stuff. Now its a little harsh on your skin (since its a scrub) so I definitely wouldn't recommend using it every day because it will dry you out. I rarely get any blemishes or blackheads and I swear this is the major reason. I also use it on the backs of my arms if I get any little bumps, it smoothes it right back out. It doesn't smell the best and its not soft, but it works so that's what matters to me.

Clairol Shimmer LightsI just started using this stuff a couple months of ago when I started going lighter with my highlights again. Let me just tell you this stuff STINKS. It's definitely not a product you want to use before a hot date or anything. But it is really good at taking out that brassy/coppery undertones when dark haired people try to go light. Also should mention it is not an every day use shampoo.

Warm Vanilla Sugar Shower Cream
This is only the current smell I am using, but I love all of the Bath and Body Works shower creams. It leaves your skin really soft and all of the scents are amazing!

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sleep Warm Milk and Honey
I love baths. I try to take a nice relaxing bath at least every two days. This was a Christmas present from my mommy and I love it. It produces just a little bit of bubbles and foam, but it relaxes you (somehow) and makes you sooooo soft. It's great to use before crawling into bed!

**Oh and by the way, I am not getting paid for any of this. I honestly just like these products**

Please share what products work and don't work for you!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love clean and clear face wash sooo much. It's the one face wash that keeps my skin clear and it's sooo much cheaper than all of those other pricey brands!
Wearing It On My Sleeves

Jet-Setting Divas said...

I love your background for your blog! I think I might look into the aromatherapy from bath & body works. Right now i'm using clearsil face wash--which is pretty good for the moment.

Mama Katie said...

Luckily, I have pretty decent skin so I can use mostly anything. Thankfully. Thank you about my background! The aromatherapy rocks, I am sure any of the scents or whatever would be nice.

Katie said...

I LOVE that Apricot Scrub!! And lately, I've been addicted to Burts Bees shea butter lotion -- perfect for my growing belly! :)