Monday, September 27, 2010

Cries, Squeals and Mommy Woes

Liam has all of a sudden decided to start "rolling his r's" while crying. I don't know where it came from, but he just picked it up and now does it every time he throws a fit. He got mad at me and started really crying the first time I heard him do it because I couldn't help but laugh. It is the most adorable thing.

He is also becoming much more active when set free to roam. He hasn't started crawling, but he can cover some major ground with his rolling and scooting now. I can't believe how big he is getting so quickly. He is more interactive now and loves making people pay attention to him. He's so cute I could just eat him up.

Ok, so mommy's heartbreaker for the week: the move to the crib. Liam has been sleeping in mommy's bed pretty much since birth. Now, I know there are a lot of people who are completely against cosleeping, but being a single mom and the only one who wakes up at night, it has worked for us. It was easier to just roll over in the night time and breastfeed, and I loved having him close. I noticed within the last month that he has really started to roll and I knew I would have to move him, but it has come up sooner than I expected. Today during our morning nap, Liam woke up and rolled right off the bed. Of course, he is okay. I gave him Tylonel and held him while he cried (all of like 60 seconds), but it almost killed me. Needless to say, it is time for the move, no matter how sad it makes me. So, today we went and got a monitor, so I can make sure I hear him. I know it is the right thing to do for him, but I really just wanted to say screw it and get the guard rail, BUT I decided against it. I am sure it is going to be harder for me than him to adjust, considering the doctor says I shouldn't even be doing night feedings anymore. But that brings me to another topic, weening the breastfeeding. Now that he is starting solids and almost 6 months, I think it is time to start weening the breastfeeding, so mommy can have a little more freedom too. I am so scared of how much it is going to hurt, though, so I can't bring myself to start either. I figure, there is no immediate rush, but it is something I should start thinking about. Sometimes being a mommy is tough, but it is so worth every minute and gray hair (which mommy sure has an abundance of now).

I will leave you with a few pictures from football Sunday for this Cardinals fan.

I am just gonna tease you with this smirk, Mom.

Hrmmm, come on guys, what was that?

What is in there because I know it aint gametime chips and dip...

Really mom? You expect me to like this stuff?

No comments: