Monday, October 4, 2010

Freeman Farms Pumpkin Festival


Today mommy and Liam went to Freeman Farms Pumpkin Festival with Joel to pick out our carving pumpkin and enjoy the cool weather. I am not sure if I have mentioned that I am having "issues" with one of my incisions from my gallbladder surgery in May, but it has been getting worse and worse. Let's just say, my stomach did not want to ride in the car, but I still had a great time. When we got there it was sunny and cool. Beautiful. By the time we unloaded Liam, got him in the stroller, bought our tickets, it started pouring. Then it started hailing! We stood under the tent and waited it out. There wasn't much else we could do. It finally stopped pouring, but everything was soaked! We contemplated leaving, but we hadn't done anything, so we didn't want to waste the money. We decided to tromp through the water and mud and do at least a little of the activities and get our pumpkins. So we walked around, did the petting zoo, took some pictures and picked out our pumpkins. We get back to the car and our feet are soaked in mud...so was the car...and the tires. We get everything loaded, get ready to leave and we are stuck! How embarassing. Both Joel and I tried everything to get the car out. He was even trying to lift it out of the mud. Luckily, while we are dealing with this mess Liam was asleep. It would not have been good if I had a fussy little boy to deal with to! Finally, some nice guy offered to help Joel push the car out. Success! I was pretty happy to get out of there. But we had a nice day and it was worth it. Next weekend we carve our pumpkins. So it's a little late, but who cares :-)

Here are some of the pics:















No comments: