Monday, October 18, 2010

Mandatory Measurement Monday

The time has come. As I have mentioned, I have spent the last couple of months cleaning my house and doing massive organizing to make myself and my life better. Well now I need to add to that. It's time I get back on track with my weight loss. Though I am thinner than I have been the past couple of years, I am no where close to where I want to be. It something that constantly weighs on me (pun intended). I am not concerned about being "skinny" and looking like a super model, but I want to be fit. It is important to me to obtain my goals for my own gratification, but it is also important I do it for Liam. I want to be a good role model and provide him with the knowledge and tools to be healthy. If Liam has my body type, weight will always be a struggle and I don't want to enable bad habits and cause him to be overweight. Now if you know me you know I have claimed to get back on track before. So what makes this time different? You, this. I am going to start doing a weekly food and exercise journal and weigh-in. On what day? Mondays, you guessed it ;-). The whole worldwide web can access my stats, so I don't wanna cheat or keep gaining. Embarassing. I am purposely leaving myself open so I will do what I am supposed to. So without further ado, my horrendous starting stats and progress pictures:

Mommy Stats-
Weight: 178 lbs. (YIKES)
BMI: 30.6 (Obese :'()
Inches:
Hips: 43
Belly button: 40
Bust: 40, I think, its supposed to go directly around your breasts, yes?
Thigh: 26
Upper Arm: 14

I have indicated the areas I hate most...can you still see me under all of the writing?! HA




Isn't all of that sad and depressing? But thats ok, I'm not too beat up over it because it is just a starting point. My weekly journal will also go below the progress pictures, but I am not putting last weeks down on here. I'll leave you with some inspiration.



Dieter's Prayer
Lord, my soul is ripped with riot
incited by my wicked diet.
"We are what we eat," said a wise old man!
And, Lord, if that's true, I'm a garbage can !

I want to rise on Judgment Day, that's plain,
But, at my present weight, I'll need a crane.
So grant me strength, that I may not fall
Into the clutches of cholesterol !

At margarine I'll never mutter
For the road to hell is paved with butter.
And cream is cursed, and cake is awful,
And Satan lurks in every waffle !

Give me this day my daily slice,
But cut it thin and toast it twice.
I beg upon my dimpled knees,
Deliver me from jujubes please !

And when my days of dieting are done,
And my war with Snickers bars is won,
Let me stand with the heavenly throng,
In a shining robe...size seven, long !

I can do it, Lord, if You'll show to me,
The virtues of lettuce and celery.
Teach me the evil of mayonnaise...
Of pasta a la Milanaise, potatoes a la Lyonnaise...
And crisp-fried chicken from the south ...
Lord, if you love me... shut my mouth !

- Author Unknown

No comments: