Monday, October 4, 2010

Post Partum Nesting

Having a child always effects people differently. Afterward, almost everyone has physical changes, some have emotional changes, others tastebuds change, me?....My nesting period never disappeared. Its borderline O.C.D. I vacuum every other day, dishes, dust, wash clothes, but that's not enough for me. I keep finding things to declutter or organize, then I do it again. I just cleaned out the closet by my front door to make room for Liam's stroller and carrier. Inside the closet was my mess of loose pictures, framed pictures, cards, and keepsakes. So I am currently (and when I say currently, I mean there is still a mess on my living room floor as I type) trying to get all of the loose pictures into albums, and the cards and miscellaneous stuff into bins. Eventually it will all be scrapbooked by time in my life or event. I already have plans with Elena to do so when she moves into Mommy and Liam's complex. Which by the way we are very excited about. Next to organize is Mommy's closet (YIKES)! I love the sense of control being clutter free and organized gives me. I like that everything will have its designated spot and I won't have any "skeletons in the closet".
One thing I need to learn to declutter and organize is my personal life! It sure is a mess right now. I think all of the stress or "clutter" in my life is really getting to me, mentally and physically. There is a lot I hide from almost everyone. Two things I can discuss openly are that I am extremely stressed about finishing school, and my "career" or lack thereof at the moment. But those concerns are valid, what I need to get rid of is the dumb stuff that I waste my time worrying about. I need to focus on what is important and not all of this superfluous clutter. I have so many positives in my life right now I should appreciate and spend my time on, but I hate the lack of control I have on the clutter and disorganization that is my life right now. I guess it is a work in progress. No matter what is organized or cluttered in my life, the best thing is my kiddo. Have I mentioned how much I love him?!

"Enough with the pictures Mama"

No comments: