Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011

For me, 2010 was one of those years that will always stand out among all of the other ones. All of the others that I am lucky to live through. Somewhere in this year I feel like I grew up...more than any other year. 2010 was a roller coaster with a loose screw; most times I felt as if I was holding on for dear life and about to fly off of the track. It had ups (the highest I have ever been) and downs, mostly downs. At times I didn't know how much further down I could get, but I always had that little face to light up my life in the dark times. Oh, and Fawna too (in case she reads this). Needless to say I am beyond ready to say goodbye to 2010 and hello to 2011. Fresh starts, new beginnings, new hopes. I get a chance to start over and make all of the things right that I have been getting all wrong. So here is my best of's 2010 (the short list) and my New Years resolutions (the excessively long list of goals).


Best of 2010:
  1. Liam being born
  2. Finishing my AA
  3. Vegas trip
  4. Trips to Show Low
  5. Christmas morning with Joel and Liam
  6. Health, happiness, and company of my great friends & family
  7. Moving into a bigger place
  8. Chris moving back to Phoenix

2011 New Years Resolutions:

  1. Take better care of my body (Eat better, Exercise more) I would say exact goals, but the exact is I just want to be healthy
  2. Stop biting my stupid nails
  3. Be a better friend to those who matter, and get rid of those who don't or bring me down
  4. Let go of the past, especially the control and effect Liam's selfish, pos, idiot father has on my life (yeah, its a big work in progress)
  5. Plan a great 1st birthday party for Liam
  6. Go to Disneyland
  7. Become a student at ASU (again) and dedicate myself to succeeding
  8. Pay off all debt except student loans (since it will continue to increase anyway, screw it ;-))
  9. Visit Aaliyah
  10. Laugh more, cry less
  11. Get a promotion at work
  12. Be positive and thankful...even when it may seem impossible

I hope that everyone had a great 2010 or can at least take something positive out of it, such as a learning experience. I wish you all the best year in 2011 and that all of your wishes come true and you achieve all of your resolutions.

Thank you for my son 2010, but PEACE OUT!!!!

6 comments:

Toni Tralala said...

AWW! What a sweet mom you are. :) I hope you get to pay off those loans sooner than expected. Have a wonderful year ahead! <3

Kay said...

New follower from MBC. Your son is adorable. Hope your new year is everything you want it to be. Please follow me back at http://thissahmsworld.blogspot.com

Mama Katie said...

Awww thanks toni! that means a lot. I am stumbling through this first time motherhood thing, but I try!!

Mz E said...

Beautiful Baby Boy! *smile* I look foward to getting to know you and being blogging friendZ! Hope you & yourz have a Blessed & Safe Happy New Year! *smile*
Stay Blessed..

Mama Katie said...

Thanks mZ E! You too!! I am now a follower, shout out to single moms!! ;-)

PaisleyJade said...

Happy New Year!!