Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mommy is in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

It is amazing to me how you can put a baby to sleep and the next morning he wakes up and is a completely new baby. Liam can now go from a "crawl" position back to sitting, sit on his knees, and from sitting he can pull himself up to standing. This all has happened in a matter of two days. I kept waiting for him to officially crawl, but he never has. He scoots and sometimes he will get up on all fours if he wants to crawl over things (the bars underneath my coffee table), but now he is already moving onto standing. Soon it will be walking. I cannot believe how fast this all happens! Now I need to lower the crib and figure out how to block my cable box, dvd player and game systems on my entertainment center. Aye ye ye ye. Yes, my living room looks as though a toy store exploded inside of it, oh the Christmas aftermath.






In other news, I talked to my admissions representative for ASU and I almost crapped my pants at the cost of tuition. $325/credit hour and that's for online! If you attend ground classes it is $625/credit hour! It's insane. And what's dumb about the whole thing is the job market is so bad right now people who have a BA, BS, etc. don't get jobs making enough to even afford to pay back their student loans. I know the government is looking into this issue, but not fast enough. It is ridiculous. But I want a valulable education from a University (not of Phoenix), so I guess I'll have to eat the cost. Another thing I am worried about is what classes will actually transfer. If it is not all 60 credits, ok, fine, but if they want me to practically start all the way over I don't know what I am going to do. I want to get this done as quickly as possible, so I will probably be taking 18 credits a semester, which breaks down to 3 classes for the first 7 weeks of the semester and 3 classes the second 7 weeks of the semester. Plus summer school and not taking a winter break, since I am used to school all year round, anyway. It is going to be a lot, but I am not getting any younger and I still have a lot of school to go to end up where I want to be, so its a necessity.
Anyway, I'll get off my soap box for the day. Also, FYI, I am enjoying reading about everyone's Christmas holiday and seeing pictures, I just haven't had time to comment on each post. I'm sorry!

4 comments:

aznvietgirl84 said...

sounds about right. the tuition i mean. i think i owe around 30k or more by now. and i still have at least a yr to go. =/ im so proud of u! hard work & dedication is the key to success! u can do it!

Ashley said...

Congrats on getting your Associates degree! That is so exciting. I hope your other classes transfer. I hated that when I transferred to get my BA that they didn't except a couple of classes. But they did accept my 60 credits. And I know about getting a job with a BA making hardly any money, I'm thinking I'm going to have to just take a minimal wage job. I am hoping that the economy picks up very, VERY soon! And I hope that you don't have to face any of those problems.

<3 Ash

Mama Katie said...

Thanks Susan! We can both go to games with the rowdy students soon! Hot boy hunting.....

Mama Katie said...

Thanks Ash!! I hope you get outta the slump too! I have so many friends in the same hole right now...